Price Offers around £575,000
- CLOSING BIDS THURSDAY 7TH NOVEMBER 2019 – 12 NOON
- Regular shaped site of c. 1.58 acres
- Prominent roadside location
- Considerable redevelopment potential (Subject to planning permission)
- Highly accessible location
- Extensive road frontage of c. 115m
Mallusk is a townland which forms part of the settlement of Newtownabbey and is located approximately 8.5 miles north west of Belfast.
The subject property occupies a prominent roadside location and is situated immediately to the west of Mayfield Link, approximately 300 metres from its junction with Mallusk Road, providing ease of access to the M2 and wider motorway network.
The Mallusk area is synonymous with warehousing/industrial, trade counter and car showroom uses but has seen a significant increase in new build residential development in recent years across schemes such as ‘Blackrock’ Alderley and Aylesbury, which adjoins the subject lands.
CLOSING BIDS THURSDAY 7TH NOVEMBER 2019 – 12 NOON
We have been instructed to proceed as follows:
- Initial bids must be placed prior to Thursday 7th November 2019 at 12 Noon to ensure inclusion in the next round of bidding.
- The proposed offer amount in pounds sterling.
- Purchaser name and full contact details.
- Your solicitor details.
- Proof of funds must be provided, by way of a bank statement or letter from a bank, accountant or solicitor.
- Any conditions associated with your bid.
- We will only be accepting further bids after this date from parties who have already made an initial bid.
The subject property comprises a regular shaped site of c. 1.58 acres benefiting from direct access and an extensive frontage onto Mayfield Link Road of c. 115 metres. The site has a relatively flat topography and is ripe for development (commercial or residential), subject to planning permission and the necessary statutory consents.
The property is currently secured by a mixture of metal paladin and palisade fencing, hedgrerows and trees.
We have reviewed the local area plan; Belfast Metropolitan Area Plan (BMAP) 2015 – Newtownabbey Section, and understand that the subject property has been zoned as ‘Existing Employment Land’ within the Newtownabbey settlement limit. The property was also zoned as ‘Existing Employment Land’ in Draft BMAP 2015 which we understand is now the relevant planning document following a legal challenge against the adoption of BMAP.
Interested parties are advised to make their own enquiries into the planning potential of the site.
We understand that the following planning application was previously approved on the property: -
7th Sep 2015 - Planning Reference: LA03/2015/0409/F
Application Type: Full
Mayfield Link, 125m NE of 5 Aylesbury Avenue, Newtownabbey
Proposal: Provision of access to land
Date: 18th Aprill 2016
Offers around £575,000 exclusive are invited.
TitleWe have been advised that the property is held freehold.
Stamp DutyIf applicable, will be the responsibility of the purchaser.
VATAll prices, outgoings and rentals are stated exclusive of but may be liable to VAT.
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
Address: Montgomery House, 29-33 Montgomery Street, Belfast BT1 4NX
Telephone: +44-2890-501501 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.