- Potential refurbishment opportunity
- Site of approximately 2.4 acres
- Attractive, elevated site within an established residential location
- Convenient location to Newtownabbey
The district is home to the internationally recognised University of Ulster, Jordanstown Campus specialising in the Built Environment and Sport Science.
The subject property occupies an elevated site on Knockenagh Avenue, Newtownabbey. Knockenagh Avenue can be accessed via both O’Neill Road or Doagh Road.
The immediate area is primarily residential accommodation however the Rathfern Social Activity Centre is on the adjacent site.
The site appears to have previously been secured by fencing however parts of the fencing are now missing and those still in place are of a low height, therefore allow for pedestrian access.
The site contains three buildings, the main building being the former home, a garage and a small store.
The former home is a large, ‘U’ shaped, two storey property of approximately 12,072 sq ft (GEA) which lies at the centre of the land.
Internally, the property has been subdivided by block walls into multiple rooms including kitchens, dining rooms, living rooms, offices, bedrooms and bathrooms.
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
|Two storey main building
||12,072 sq ft
||675 sq ft
12,854 sq ft
We are not aware of any active planning applications on the site.
We have reviewed the local area plan; BMAP 2015, and understand that the subject property is located within the Newtownabbey development limit and is zoned as ‘White Land’.
The property was zoned as ‘White Land’ in Draft BMAP 2015 which we understand is now the relevant planning document following a legal challenge against the adoption of BMAP.
The property has an energy rating of C60.
A full certificate can be made available upon request.
Offers around £200,000 exclusive are invited.
TitleWe have been advised that the property is held freehold.
Stamp DutyIf applicable, will be the responsibility of the purchaser.
VATAll prices, outgoings and rentals are stated exclusive of but may be liable to VAT.
Address: Montgomery House, 29-33 Montgomery Street, Belfast BT1 4NX
Telephone: +44-2890-501501 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.