- Attractive residence on 1.6ha (3.95 acres) Dublin Road Navan
- Two storey 6 bedroom residence with 6 reception rooms approx 368 sq. m. in mature/secluded setting
- Prominent corner site with two access points
- Zoned R2 - Existing Residential under the Navan Local Area Plan
- Potentially available in lots
- Title: Freehold
The property is located on the western side of the Dublin Road (R147) and has return frontage to Springfield Glen approx. 1km south of Navan Town Centre and 500m from the access road to the M3 motorway. Navan is approx. 60km northwest of Dublin City.
It is the county town of County Meath. In 2016, the town and its environs had a population of 30,173 making it the 5th largest town, and 10th largest urban settlement, in Ireland. Navan is situated along the River Boyne at the confluence of the Blackwater and the Boyne. It is served by the M3, N3 and N51 national roads as well as various regional roads.
The quality and abundance of natural heritage provides high amenity value serving as an excellent setting for the town. Navan is a main service centre, providing for the town’s population and a large hinterland. Navan had rapidly expanded to become a large dormitory town due to its proximity to Dublin. The period from 1996 to 2011 saw unprecedented growth in the town which was amongst the highest experienced by any urban centre in the country.
There are a number of major employers in Navan including the Courts Service, the Health Service Executive, Navan Hospital, Probation Service, the Garda Civilian Human Resources Directorate, the Coroner’s Service Implementation Team, Revenue Commissioners and the Property Services Regulatory Authority. Tara Mines is located just off the Kells Road. In addition, other major facilities in the town include educational and recreational and various new residential estates. Navan has a large shopping centre as well as many shops along the main street which attracts many customers. The shopping centre has internationally known shops such as Pennys, River Island, New Look, Tesco supermarket, Boots and many others.
There is an abundance of sports clubs, Our Lady’s Hospital, Ardboyne Hotel and Navan Race Course.
The existing house comprises a Victorian two storey residence with landscaped gardens and wooded area. It offers considerable accommodation accessed by front granite steps to the double front door leading to an impressive hallway with 6 reception rooms, wc and bedroom while the lower ground floor offers 6 bedrooms, store and wc.
To the rear of the house there is a further store and boiler house and there are extensive landscaped gardens offering potential for re-development.
The site is almost regular in shape and benefits from an entrance directly from the Dublin Road but also has a separate entrance on the return frontage on Springfield Glen allowing it potentially to be sold in two lots.
Lot 1: Residence on approx. 1.24 ha with entrance from Dublin Road
Lot 2: Site of approx. 0.36 ha with entrance from Springfield Glen
The property is secure with stone walls and iron railings on the perimeter along the main Navan / Dublin road and side road to Limekiln Hill housing estate.
The entire site is approx. 1.6 ha (3.95 acres).
The property is situated in an area that is zoned R2 - Existing Residential under the Navan Local Area Plan.
This is an opportunity for an owner occupier, developer or investor to acquire lands which are, in part, suited to obtaining a residential planning permission but also offers strong potential for a nursing home development incorporating the existing residence.
Freehold within the Electoral Division of Navan Rural, Barony of Navan Lower and being the property comprised in folio 36758F of the Register of County Meath.
VIEWING AND FURTHER INFORMATION
Viewing is strictly by prior arranged appointment only with the joint selling agents Smith Harrington & Lisney. For further information contact either:
John Harrington 046 9021113 Email: email@example.com
Cathal Daughton 01 6382737 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin O’ Halloran 01 6382791 Email: email@example.com
By Appointment with Joint Selling Agents Smith Harrington & Lisney
|Upper Ground Floor
|Lower Ground Floor
|Boiler House & Store
BER No. 112556063
Energy Performance Indicator: 420.33 kWh/m2/yr
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.