Kilmuire occupies a wonderful position on one of Killiney's finest roads that links Killiney Hill Road to Strand Road. Shops, churches and a wide variety of schools including St. Andrew's College, Blackrock College, St. Michael's College, Loreto Abbey Dalkey and Holy Child are easily accessible as are the many interesting coastal scenic walks over Killiney and Dalkey hills and along Killiney Beach. Along with the DART, the N11, M50 and LUAS are only a short commute away which make accessing the city centre and nationwide very simple. The airport is just a 30 minute drive away.
A substantial detached family residence standing on mature levelled grounds extending to approximately 0.36 Ha (0.9 acre), positioned in a wonderfully private setting adjacent to the Holy Child Secondary School just a short stroll from Killiney DART Station and Killiney Beach.
Kilmuire is approached via granite pillared entrance gates that open into off street parking for numerous cars. The spacious, bright and airy accommodation extends to approximately 310sq.m (3,335sq.ft). Downstairs off the reception hall are three excellent reception rooms, two of which overlook the sunny south facing well stocked mature gardens. Next is the generous kitchen/breakfast room with a utility and guest w.c. completing the accommodation at this level. There is a large cellar store below the sitting room accessed off the inner hall. Upstairs there are seven bedrooms, a large bathroom and two w.c's. The property has been well maintained, although would now benefit from upgrading and modernisation to bring it up to present modern day standards.
The gardens are a particular feature of this stunning property and offer vast potential for a scheme/development subject to the necessary planning permissions. The entire site extends to approximately 0.36 Ha (0.9 acre) and enjoys a sunny sought after south facing rear orientation with the Ashurst development situated below. There is road frontage to the front onto Military Road which is approximately 50m (164ft) in length.
Situated in an area zoned ‘Objective A' which under the current 2016 – 2022 Dun Laoghaire Development Plan is referenced “to protect and/or improve residential amenity".
On this basis and as the title to the property is held Freehold it is deemed that development is possible subject to obtaining the necessary planning permissions.
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
- Porched Entrance (2.45m x 2.35m)
- with quarry tiled floor, dual aspect windows and arched entrance with pattern stain glassed hall door opening into the
- Reception Hall (4.6m x 3m (inclusive of stairwell))
- with tiled floor and ceiling coving
- Sitting Room (4.7m x 6.3m)
- with three matching windows overlooking the stunning grounds which are south and west facing, dual aspect window, very fine painted period fireplace with tiled inset and hearth, brass hood and open fire and door to
- Family Room (6.4m x 5.05m)
- with ceiling coving, twin large picture windows overlooking the front garden with the shutters intact, television point, Adam style painted fireplace with tiled inset, hearth and open fire and fitted shelving
- Lobby Area
- with multi-paned door opening out to the side of the property and door to
- Shower Room
- with step in tiled shower, w.c., pedestal wash hand basin and fitted mirror
- Inner Hall (1.4m x 1.95m)
- with fuse board and opens into a
- Secondary Inner Hall (1.25m x 2.85m)
- with digital heating control and opens to the
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room (5.7m x 4.65m)
- with a solid oak Shaker kitchen comprising press units, drawers, saucepan drawers, worktops, double drainer double bowl stainless steel sink unit, breakfast bar, space for standalone cooker with brass hood over, tiled splashback, extractor fan, plumbed for dishwasher, space for fridge & freezer and twin sliding sash multi-paned windows looking out to the side
- Laundry (2.55m x 3.3m)
- with twin sink units with single drainers, plumbed for washing machine, cupboards and drawers
- made up of four small storage areas which are under the front part of the house
- Playroom/Office (3.55m x 4.4m)
- with skylight
- Walk In Store
- Bedroom 1 (3.5m x 3.9m)
- with wash hand basin set into vanity with cupboard under and fitted mirror over and picture window overlooking the lovely grounds
- Bedroom 2 (2.3m x 4.67m)
- with vaulted ceiling and partition in between this room and bedroom 1
- Bedroom 3 (2.73m x 3.6m)
- with pedestal wash hand basin, tiled splashback, mirrored fronted medicine cabinet and shelving
- Bedroom 4 (3.7m x 4.45m)
- with built in wardrobes, wash hand basin set into vanity unit with cupboard under, tiled splashback and mirror over
- Further Landing (3.2m x 4.3m)
- that opens into
- Bathroom Area
- Separate W.C.
- with w.c. and wash hand basin
- with step in tiled Mira Elite QT shower and cast iron bath
- Separate W.C. 2
- with w.c., wash hand basin and wall mounted fan assisted heater
- Bedroom 5 (3.1m x 3.6m)
- with built in wardrobes and wash hand basin set into vanity unit with mirrored medicine cabinet over
- Fire Escape
- with multi-paned door opening out with stairs leading down to the side
- Lobby Area (1.35m x 3.13m)
- with hot press with immersion, storage hanging areas with cupboards over and broom cupboard
- Bedroom 6 (4.05m x 3.2m)
- with wash hand basin set into the corner
- Bedroom 7 (5.05m x 3.15)
- with vaulted ceiling, hatch to roof space and it is separated by a partition and the inner lobby and two bedrooms would have been one big room, built in wardrobes and picture window overlooking the beautiful grounds, wash hand basin set into vanity unit with cupboard under, tiled splashback and mirrored fronted medicine cabinet
BER No. 102223575
Energy Performance Indicator: 443.52 kWh/m²/yr kWh/m2/yr
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.