- CLOSING - THURSDAY 5TH DECEMBER 2019 AT 12 NOON
- A rare opportunity to purchase a large site within the town
- Numerous buildings comprising c. 150,000 sq ft in total
- 19.79 Acre Site
- Three main access points
- Fantastic development opportunity
- Zoned as White Land in the Omagh Area Plan 1987 – 2002
- Price on Application
The property is located approximately 1 mile from Omagh Town Centre, with the main entrance being via the Hospital Road.
Transport links are excellent, and the scale of the subject provides three main road entrances.
• Front entrance via Hospital Road.
• Rear entrance via A505 Killyclogher Road.
• Entrance via Woodvale Avenue/Hospital Road leading to Riverside House.
The immediate, highly sought after area comprises mainly residential properties and is in close proximity to Omagh High School, Omagh County Primary School and the new Omagh Hospital and Primary Care Complex.
SUBJECT TO CONTRACT/CONTRACT DENIED
Further to your interest in Former Tyrone County Hospital, Hospital Road, Omagh, Co. Tyrone, BT79 0AP we have now been instructed by the vendor to seek closing bids in writing on the above asset.
Should you wish to place an offer, we require that you provide the following:
- The proposed offer amount in pounds sterling.
- Proof of funds, ideally in the form of a bank statement.
- Purchaser name and full contact details.
- Full contact details of your solicitor.
- Confirmation of any conditions relating to your bid.
POST: FAO James Kearney or Andrew Gawley, Lisney, 1st Floor, Montgomery House, 29-33 Montgomery St, Belfast BT1 4NX
EMAIL: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, the vendor reserves the right not to accept the highest, or indeed any, offer made.
The significance of the site within Omagh and the surrounding area cannot be underestimated.
Tyrone County Hospital was the main hospital in Omagh, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. The hospital occupied the same site in the town from 1899 until it closed to new patients on 20 June 2017, when it was replaced by the newly built Omagh Hospital and Primary Care Complex.
The hospital has its origins in an infirmary which was opened in Market Street in Omagh in 1796. The hospital moved to a new site on Hospital Road in 1899. A postgraduate centre for students of Queen’s University Belfast was opened by Richard Needham in July 1988 and a new renal unit followed in August 1989.
In 2002, following a review of hospital and community services across the region, it was recommended that a new local hospital be built in Omagh to replace the existing Tyrone County Hospital.
After services transferred to the new Omagh Hospital and Primary Care Complex, the Tyrone County Hospital closed in June 2017.
The site comprises a large number of existing buildings to include:
Main Hospital Block ward areas, medical imaging, theatres, day case unit, renal unit, urgent care and treatment centre, women and children’s centre and cardiac assessment unit.
• Outpatients Department
• Post-Graduate Centre
• Riverside House
• Nurses Home / Administration
There are also numerous residential accommodation buildings, a tennis court and 10 car parks providing 275 spaces.
The site also enjoys large areas of grass/parkland in a very attractive setting with the Camowen river running along the North East elevation.
The site is located within the Development Limit as set out in the Omagh Area Plan 1987-2002 and designated as ‘White Land’.
We are not aware of any recent redevelopment planning applications having been lodged in relation to the site.
Please Note: all interested parties are advised to make their own enquiries into the potential planning approvals that could be achieved.
TitleLands at Tyrone County Hospital
This site consists of registered and unregistered lands on a Freehold basis.
Camowen Hill Residential Home
NIEThere are numerous sub-stations and wayleaves on site.
Further details available upon request.
Tree Preservation Order
A Tree Preservation Order was made on ‘Lands At The Former Tyrone County Hospital, Omagh’ and shall take effect provisionally on 20 May 2019.
Price on application.
RatesFull details available on request.
Method of SaleThe property is initially being offered for sale by private treaty.
Stamp DutyThis will be the responsibility of the purchaser.
VATAll prices, outgoings and costs are exclusive of, but may be liable to, VAT.
EPCThe property has a rating of G156 & E124.
Full certificates can be made available upon request
Customer Due Diligence
As a business carrying out estate agency work we are required to verify the identity of both the vendor and the purchaser as outlined in the following:
The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2017/692/made
Any information and documentation provided by you will be held for a period of five years from when you cease to have a contractual relationship with Lisney.
The information will be held in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on our client file and will not be passed on to any other party, unless we are required to do so by law and regulation.
Strictly by appointment with sole selling agent Lisney.
Address: Montgomery House, 29-33 Montgomery Street, Belfast BT1 4NX
Telephone: +44-2890-501501 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.