- High profile development site.
- Strategic regeneration opportunity.
- c. 15.31 Acres on the riverfront.
- Outline planning permission for 885,619 sq ft.
- Submission Date: 12 Noon Friday 9th November 2018
Derry~Londonderry is the second largest city in Northern Ireland and fourth largest city on the Island of Ireland. It is the ‘Capital of the North West’ and is at the core of the only functional economic city region of its scale which straddles the border into the Republic of Ireland.
Derry~Londonderry has an urban population in excess of 100,000, is the principal sub regional economic driver of a wider cross border City Region of over 350,000 people.
Fort George is a strategic site located on the west bank of the city.
This is a unique opportunity to undertake an urban regeneration scheme that returns this important site to a viable and sustainable economic use which acts as a catalyst for the wider regeneration of the City.
The Department for Communities (DfC) is now inviting Expressions of Interest.
Fort George is strategically positioned off the Strand Road, one of the main arterial routes in to the city Centre and a key gateway location.
The site is located in an area of mixed use with such diverse businesses as a major supermarket, car showroom, retail park, hotel complex and residential, all of which are in close proximity.
It is also a fantastic river front site with excellent views across the River Foyle and access to the river-front walkway linking the peace bridge and the recently refurbished jetty.
The proposal sets out a development framework and provides for 82,274 square metres (885,619 sq ft) of gross floor space to include:
• Employment & education uses (R&D and Call Centre)
• Community facilities
• Bars and restaurants
• Multi-storey and surface car parking.
For further information and to arrange a viewing please contact Andrew Gawley on 028 90 501 501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
•15.32 6.2 6.2 Hectare / 15.32 acres.
•82,274 / 885,619 sq ft (gross) of potential developed space.
The planning application (Ref: A/2012/0335/0) was granted Outline Planning Permission on 2 December 2015 to bring forward a development framework for regenerating the site as follows:
“Major mixed use development to include residential; office, employment & education uses (including research & development/call centre) community facilities; retail; cafes, bars and restaurants; associated multi-storey and surface car parking; landscaping and environmental and roads infrastructure and involving ground remediation and infilling of land to establish new development levels. (amended description and EIA addendum)”
*All interested parties are advised to undertake their own enquiries and should visit the planning portal at www.planningni.gov.uk where the drawings can be viewed.
DfC is seeking approaches from all interested parties to undertake an urban regeneration scheme that returns this vacant opportunity site to a viable and sustainable economic use which acts as a catalyst for the wider regeneration of the City.
The site has an existing vehicular access off the Pennyburn roundabout. Both the access and adjacent infrastructure are likely to require significant upgrading as part of any scheme proposal in order to meet the needs of and mitigate the impacts arising from the proposed development.
DfC has appointed Deane Public Works to undertake remediation works at Fort George. The works will be completed by March 2019.
The Department has “absolute title” to the Land at Fort George. It is freehold land registered in the Land Registry in Folio LY76878 County Londonderry.
Submission of Expression of Interest
Interested parties should complete and return the proposal form by 12 noon on Friday 9th November 2018
The particulars and any documentation are provided for the guidance only of potential purchasers / developers and will not form part of any contract which may be entered into.
No representation or warranty is made or given in relation to the condition or suitability of any services.
All proposals made will be subject to further detailed negotiations and subject to contract, and the Department for Communities may decide not to pursue negotiations in relation to all or any of the proposals which it may receive or may decide to invite other proposals.
The Department for Communities will not be liable for any inaccuracy in these particulars or in any other documents or for any costs, fees and expenses incurred in viewing the sites, in preparing and submitting proposals or in undertaking any negotiations.
None of the matters in these particulars or in any other documents or in any proposals which may be made will constitute an agreement or collateral contract with the Department for Communities.
Address: Montgomery House, 29-33 Montgomery Street, Belfast BT1 4NX
Telephone: +44-2890-501501 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.