- For Sale (in one or two lots)
- Lot 1: Former St Vincents Church : Guide Price: €750,000
- Lot 2: Development Site 0.46 hectares (1.15 acres) : Guide Price: €750,000
Lot 1 - Former St Vincents Church
The property comprises the former St. Vincents Church on a site of approx. 0.2 hectares (0.5 acres). The magnificent church building was designed by Sir John Benson. The foundation stone of the church was laid in 1851 and it was completed in 1856. Its style is early gothic and it is built of mainly red sandstone with pitched timber and slated roofs and feature stained glass windows. The building is mainly single storey with a part lower ground floor that incorporates a mezzanine level and there is an upper floor organ room. The internal apex height in the main church area is 15.4m. The property includes a surface car park to the front laid out with 18 car spaces.
|Floor||Sq M||Sq Ft|
The property is situated in an area zoned ‘Residential, Local Services and Institutional Uses’ in the Cork City Development Plan 2015 – 2021. It is listed as a protected structure in the development plan.
Lot 2 - Development Site
The property comprises a south facing development site of approx. 0.45 hectares (1.15 acres) situated to the east of the former St. Vincent’s Church. It has extensive road frontage of approx. 88m to Sundays Well Road along its northern boundary although Sundays Well Road is at a higher level. The site is currently overgrown and access is from Rock Well Lane which connects Sundays Well Road with the eastern boundary of the site. There are no buildings on the site although there is a disused former basketball court. The property is in an elevated position with spectacular views overlooking the city centre, River Lee, Mardyke, St. Finbarr’s Cathedral and UCC North Mall Campus.
The drop down to the site from Sundays Well Road varies from approx. 10m - 15m. Given that Sundays Well Road is at a higher level there is a potential for a substantial high rise development or student accommodation development subject to planning permission. This type of development would have limited impact on the adjacent properties, it would have a southerly aspect with magnificent views and it would be within walking distance of the city centre. There is a precedent for large scale development in this location as 162-163 Sundays Well Road directly opposite the subject site was previously developed as 28 apartments over underground car parking.
The property is situated in an area zoned ‘Residential, Local Services and Institutional Uses’ and it is also in an area of high landscape value as outlined in the Cork City Development Plan 2015 -2021.
By special appointment with the selling agent, Lisney.
Address: 1 South Mall, Cork
Telephone: +353-21-427 5079 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.