- Regular shaped level site of approx. 0.58 hectares (1.44 acres)
- Building approx. 771 sqm (8,300 SqFt)
- Situated in a premier Cork city location on the south side of Model Farm Road
- Excellent location in close proximity to city centre, CUH, UCC, CIT and Wilton Shopping Centre
- Zoned 'Residential, Local Services and Institutional Uses' in the Cork City Development Plan 2015-2021
The property is situated in Highfield Lawn housing estate at the western end of Bishopstown approximately 4km south west of Cork city on the south side of Model Farm Road between its junctions with Rossa Avenue and Bishopstown Avenue.
The surrounding area is mainly residential in character with a series of mature residential housing estates and exclusive detached houses in the immediate vicinity. St. Catherines National School is immediately adjacent with Highfield Rugby grounds to the south and Bishopstown GAA grounds further south. Bishopstown is a high density suburb neighbouring Wilton and Model farm Road and is an esblished sought after location.
The property is in a superb convenient location with UCC situated approx. 1.5km to the east, CIT 2km to the west and Cork University Hospital wnd Wilton Shopping Centre 2km to the south. Cork Business and Technolgy Park with occupiers including Apple, Boston Scientific, Trend Micro, Abtran and Alcon is approx. 1km to the northwest on the north side of Model Farm Road.
The property comprises the former St. Catherines Convent and Chapel on a regular shaped level site of approx. of approx 0.58 hectares (1.44 acres). The former Convent comprises a detached mainly two storey building incorporating a single storey chapel. Internally the former convent building is laid out with reception, kitchen, dining room and 12 no. bedrooms over ground and first floor.
The building is of traditional brick and block construction with exposed red brick walls, hipped and pitched timber slated roofs with a flat roof on part of the northern section, pvc double glazed windows and feature arch windows incorporated in the chapel. Access to the site is through a gated entrance off Convent Lane to the north and there is a pedestrian access only off Highfield Lawn. Boundaries are defined by means of low concrete block walls and mature trees and hedges. The site is finished with mature beautifully landscaped gardens and there is a surface car park laid out with 24 no. car spaces.
There is extensive road frontage of 110m onto Convent Lane estate road along it's northern boundary and approx. 55m onto Highfield Lawn estate along its western boundary. There is potential for further development on the undeveloped eastern section of the site subject to planning permission.
By special appointment with the sole selling agent, Lisney.
Address: 1 South Mall, Cork
Telephone: +353-21-427 5079 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.