- Located on the south side of Clonsilla Road approximately 2.2km south of Blanchardstown Town Centre and 11km northwest of Dublin City Centre.
- Zoned Town Centre and suited to a wide range of uses (subject to planning permission).
- Title: Freehold.
- Adjoins proposed Aldi supermarket site.
- Excellent bus and road transport and approx. 700m from Clonsilla Railway Station.
- Excellent choice of local amenities, schools and sports clubs nearby.
Local retail services are available along Clonsilla Road with a wide range of schools (Luttrellstown Community College and St Mochta’s National School) in the area and an abundance of sports clubs including St Mochta’s Soccer Club, Castleknock GAA Club and Luttrellstown Castle Golf & Country Club. The full range of retail occupiers are available in Blanchardstown Town Centre and include Dunnes Stores, Pennys, M&S, Next, Heatons as well as Woodies, Homestore and More, Omni Leisure Centre and the Draiocht Arts Centre.
The lands comprises a rectangular shaped site with 29m frontage to Clonsilla Road (R121) and extend to 0.77 hectares (1.9 acres). The property includes two derelict cottages facing on to the Clonsilla Road. The site is mostly level and is bounded by Clonsilla Road to the north, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the west, a narrow strip of undeveloped residentially zoned land situated to the south, and an undeveloped site extending to a 1.42 HA (3.51 acres) of further Town Centre zoned land to the east which we understand is in the ownership of Aldi. A portion of the site in sale was previously used for parking vehicles and is set out as a compound with a concrete yard area, two steel gates and an aluminium fence run. The remainder of the site is in grass and is bounded by a row of poplar trees to the east.
On the adjoining site, Aldi Stores (Ireland) Limited were refused planning permission by Fingal County Council in late 2019 and this is on appeal to An Bord Pleanala for the construction of a mixed use residential and retail scheme.
The property is situated in an area zoned Objective TC - Town and District Centre. Objective: Protect and enhance the special physical and social character of town and district centres and provide and/or improve urban facilities. Vision: Maintain and build on the accessibility, vitality and viability of the existing Urban Centres in the County. Develop and consolidate these Centres with an appropriate mix of commercial, recreational, cultural, leisure and residential uses, and to enhance and develop the urban fabric of these Centres in accordance with the principles of urban design, conservation and sustainable development. Retail provision will be in accordance with the County Retail Strategy, enhance and develop the existing urban fabric, emphasise urban conservation, and ensure priority for public transport, pedestrians and cyclists while minimising the impact of private car based traffic. In order to deliver this vision and to provide a framework for sustainable development, Urban Centre Strategies will be prepared for centres in accordance with the Urban Fingal Chapter objectives.
Permissible Uses include: Bed and Breakfast, Betting Office, Carpark - Non-Ancillary, Childcare Facilities, Community Facility Cultural Facility Dancehall/Nightclub, Education Exhibition Centre, Fast Food Outlet/Take-Away, Funeral Home/Mortuary, Garden Centre, Guest House, Health Centre, Health Practitioner, Holiday Home/Apartments, Home-Based Economic Activity, Hospital, Hotel, Office, Ancillary to Permitted Use, Office ≤ 100 sq.m. Office > 100 sq.m. and < 1,000 sq.m. Office ≥ 1,000 sqm, Open Space, Petrol Station, Place of Worship, Public House, Public Transport Station, Recreational Facility/Sports Club, Research and Development, Residential, Residential Care Home/ Retirement Home, Residential Institution, Restaurant/Café, Retail - Local < 150 sq.m. nfa Retail - Convenience ≤ 500 sq.m nfa, Retail - Comparison ≤ 500 sq.m. nfa Retail - Comparison >500 sq.m. nfa27, Retail - Supermarket ≤ 2,500 sq.m. nfa,. Village, Sheltered Accommodation, Taxi Office, Telecommunications Structures, Training Centre, Traveller Community Accommodation, Utility Installations, Vehicle Sales Outlet - Small Vehicles, Vehicle Servicing/Maintenance Garage, Veterinary Clinic.
Not Permitted Uses: Abattoir, Aerodrome/Airfield, Agribusiness, Agricultural Buildings, Agri-Tourism, Air Transport Infrastructure, Boarding Kennels, Car Hire Holding Area, Caravan Park – Holiday Caravan Park – Residential Cargo Yards, Civic Waste Facility, Concrete/Asphalt Extractive Industry/Quarrying, Farm Shop, Fuel Depot/Fuel Storage, General Aviation, Golf Course, Heavy Vehicle Park, Industry – General Industry - High Impact, Logistics, Plant Storage, Retail - Hypermarket > 5,000 sq.m. nfa, Road Transport Depot, Warehousing, Waste Disposal and Recovery Facility (Excluding High Impact) Waste Disposal and Recovery.
Note: Uses which are neither ‘Permitted in Principle’ nor ‘Not Permitted’ will be assessed in terms of their contribution towards the achievement of the Zoning Objective and Vision and their compliance and consistency with the policies and objectives of the Development Plan.
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.