- Site extending to 0.34 ha (0.84 acre)
- Full planning permission for 48 apartments & 4 office units
- Zoned for ‘Neighbourhood Centre’
- Wide range of alternative land uses including retail are possible at this location
- Potential for further planning gain
- Prime location within a very affluent residential suburb
- In the heart of the village beside the park
- 2 km from Dundrum Town Centre and Blackrock
- Superb views across Dublin City, Dublin Bay and the park
- Rental income of €73,000 pa from short term tenants
- Within catchment area for an exceptional list of nearby schools
- Access to rear from Wilson Road
- Short term tennant Flanagan Kerins not affected
The property is located in the heart of Mount Merrion, one of the most desirable and vibrant suburban locations in South Dublin, just 2km to Blackrock, 2.5km from Dundrum Town Centre and 7km from Dublin CityCentre.
Mount Merrion is a mature residential suburb with an abundance of beautiful parks, green spaces and established shopping options. The site is located on the former Flanagans site on Deerpark Road, adjacent to the Church of St.Thérése and Mount Merrion Community Centre and a vibrant parade of shops including a newsagents, chemist, butcher and barber. The adjacent food and drink offerings include the new Union Café, Michael’s restaurant and Rocket Foods café.
Adjacent to this site is Deerpark; one of the centre piece amenities of the Mount Merrion offering. It is a 32 acre public parkland owned and maintained by Dun-Laoghaire Rathdown County Council which is immensely popular area with families and nature lovers. Facilities include walking paths, woodlands, sports fields and Deerpark Tennis Club which has six flood lit all weather courts. Activities are organised in the park throughout the year.
The site falls into the highly desirable parish of Mount Merrion and the Church of St. Thérése which is fundamental for school choice options providing access to Mount Anville National school, Scoil San Treasa and St. Laurence’s. Other schools include Mount Anville, Blackrock College, Colaiste Eoin, St. Andrews, Oatlands, St. Killians, Our Lady’s Grove, St. Benildus, Teresians and St. Michaels College.
The site comprises approximately 0.84 acre site (0.34 ha), which is regular in shape, is half cleared and half covered in the former Stella Cinema Mount Merrion building now known Flanagan Kerins. This is not a protected structure and apart from the short term tenancies is ready for demolition. The design of the proposed scheme facilitates optimum phasing, allowing for efficient cash flow and risk management. Adjoining the site to the eastern boundary is Union Café bar & Restaurant on whicha 50 unit residential scheme including a pavilion bar and restaurantscheme has been submitted for planning permission.
The scheme for sale was recently granted planning permission (Ref: PL06D.245755) by An Bord Pleanala for a proposed development of 48 residential units & 4 Offices, up to 6 storeysin height. The granted scheme also includes ancillary services including 85 car spaces all wit helectric charging points and bike parking. The original application to Dublin City Council is Ref: D15A/0121. The sloping nature of the site works to the advantage of the planning permission with the basement car park being half-underground and half-undercroft.
The development scheme is optimised for the current market by Cathal O’Neill Architects who have delivered an interesting and exciting scheme that will have superb appeal to the purchaser market. This is instantly apparent as the scheme was designed in 2015 and recognises the market demand for larger, luxury apartments. All of the units are ‘dual aspect’ therefore the natural light will be maximised through each apartment at different times of the day. All balconies have the best views over either Dublin Bay, the City or Deerpark. These will be two of the finest penthouses in Dublin.
We understand that previous ground investigations were carried out on the site in 2005 which indicated that all soils and weathered rock are expected to be machine removable, that water was not encountered during boring, that approx. 70% of the material is reusable on site and that no measurable hydrocarbons were found. A copy of the report is available for information purposes only and issupplied without vendor responsibility.
Access to Data Room is available on request.
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.