- Unique investment opportunity
- The campus is held by the HSE under lease until Q4 2021 and is income producing
- The buildings extend to over 10,300 sq. m (111,000 sq. ft.) and includes healthcare facilities, Cregg House, 11 no. 4/5 bed chalets, a private tenanted house, chapel, hydro pool and many other buildings plus farmland
- Note: The adjoining school and house are not included in the sale
Sligo is the principal city in the North West of Ireland and has a population of just under 20,000. It has excellent infrastructure and is accessible by air, road and rail and is 60km from the International Ireland West Airport at Knock. Sligo is a ‘Gateway’ city and is a prioritised location for infrastructural investment. Sligo is a historic and cultural centre of importance in the West of Ireland. With its location along the Wild Atlantic Way, it is considered to be an attractive tourist destination and an important industrial, tourism, educational, healthcare, commercial and industrial regional centre.
Rosses Point is situated 8km from Sligo town and 3km from Cregg and has been a tourist destination and a tourism hub for the North West Region for generations. The village is charming and attractive with accommodation, restaurants and pubs and is set against the spectacular backdrop of the Dartry mountain range to the east and the beauty of Sligo Bay to the west. Rosses Point has two magnificent sandy blue flag beaches.
This property consists of the entire of both the upper and lower site complex, the agricultural land along with a private tenanted house and a derelict house/potential site. The property comprises 23.08 hectares (57.02 acres) with over 10,312 sq. m. (111,000 sq. ft.) of gross accommodation and benefits from good road frontages and several access points. It is offered for sale in one lot although is potentially capable of sub-division into a number of sections. The estate includes a number of buildings and structures which are associated with the residential care facility. The buildings are located on the eastern part of the overall landholding occupying approx. 50% of the overall holding while the western portion is used for agricultural purposes.
The on-site buildings are utilised for a wide variety of uses including residential accommodation, care, therapy, recreation, catering, education, office and administration functions. Further details and future use potential assessments, without planning status, are available on request.
The agricultural land element extends to approximately 12.85 ha. (31.76 acres) and has independent access through a farmer’s gate to the north of the site.
The HSE are currently in occupation of the majority of the complex and their lease is due to expire in Q4 2021 and this offers purchasers building security and a secure income during the likely planning / development process.
Orpen Franks, 28/30 Burlington Road, Dublin 4. Attention: Anne Smith
Viewing and Contacts
Strictly by prior confirmed appointment only as unaccompanied inspections are not permitted.
For an appointment to view contact:
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.