- Lands totalling c. 19.84 acres
- Conditional planning for 154 dwellings
- Requires site remediation
- Requires purchase of additional adjacent lands
- Located in an established residential area of Carrickfergus
The land is located in Carrickfergus, approximately 8 miles north east of Belfast City Centre. Carrickfergus is a popular commuter town with considerable daily flows to the city.
The land is situated on the northern side of Carrickfergus, off the Sloefield Road, a main road heading north west from the Shore Road and just north of Brackenridge, an established housing development west of Carrickfergus town centre.
The subject property comprises a 19.84 acre development site backing onto the railway line with access presently through the Brackenridge development to the south and via a gated access through the neighbouring Carrickfergus Industrial Estate.
Brownfield site with significant remediations costs to be incurred before units can be sold.
Residual contamination associated with historical activities has been identified and includes carbon disulphide, petroleum hydrocarbons (TPH), asebestos and more locally nickel and ammonium.
Planning permission already approved for current access arrangements off Sloefield Drive. The planning conditions limit development on the site to 5 houses until road improvements are made to Sloefield Road. 3rd party lands are required to be bought before access can be secured to develop more than 5 detached houses.
In order to comply with the current planning permission, Sloefield Road would have to be extended from the current carriageway to the railway line across lands not owned by the landowner of the subject lands.
We have been advised that the property is freehold.
Open to Offers
If applicable, will be the responsibility of the purchaser
All prices, outgoings and rentals are stated exclusive of but may be liable to VAT.
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
Address: Montgomery House, 29-33 Montgomery Street, Belfast BT1 4NX
Telephone: +44-2890-501501 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.