- Former ‘Barrack Masters House’
- Imposing 3 storey, former dwelling of c. 4,040 sq.ft
- Private walled garden of c. 5,850 sq.ft
- Suitable for a wide range of commercial uses, subject to obtaining Full Planning Permission
- Situated within Ebrington an award winning heritage regeneration scheme
- Within walking distance of Waterside & Cityside
- Unparalleled views of the River Foyle, Peace Bridge, Cityside and Ebrington Square
Derry / Londonderry is the regional capital of the North West with a population of circa 151,000. Derry / Londonderry is the regional capital of the North West with a population of circa 151,000.
The City is major tourist destination and in 2018 experienced circa 335,000 overnight stays and visitor spend of £55 million in 2018.
Ebrington adjoins the City Centre via the iconic Peace Bridge which benefits from over 1 million crossings per year.
The subject asset comprises an impressive three storey, Georgian property situated along the banks of the River Foyle. The property is situated along the western boundary of the Ebrington site and located at the southern end of Ebrington Square.The subject asset comprises an impressive three storey, Georgian property situated along the banks of the River Foyle. The property is situated along the western boundary of the Ebrington site and located at the southern end of Ebrington Square.
The property benefits from spectacular riverside views over the Peace Bridge and the City Centre. A superb feature of the property is an extensive walled garden of c. 5,850 sq.ft.The property is Grade B2 Listed and we understand that the property was constructed around 1841 and was formerly known as ‘Britannia House’ and the ‘Barrack Masters House’.
Ebrington is a unique heritage site of circa 29 acres, set on the banks of the River Foyle which has been transformed in recent years to become a vibrant place to work and visit.
With the Scheduled Monument Star Fort Wall, the Listed and Retained buildings mixed with modern new builds, the public realm and vibrant event space, Ebrington Square is a must visit location.
Occupiers already situated within Ebrington include the Creative Industries Hub, The Walled City Brewery, The Stables Restaurant, Atelier Hair and Urban 3D, along with several other occupiers
We are offering Building 17 to the market in order to attract a new occupier, private sector investment and new, sustainable jobs to Ebrington.
We understand the subject property provides approximately 4,040 sq. ft. over 3 floors.
Building 17 is not yet assessed for rates. When assessed, the rates are a tenant liability.
Building Insurance will be a tenant liability.
The tenant will be liable for a due proportion of the service charge attributable to the overall Ebrington site.
Expression of Interest
Interested parties should complete and return the Expression of Interest submission form by 5pm on 12th November 2020.
Expression of Interest Pack
A Document Pack is available for interested parties which includes floor plans, elevations, photographs, Ebrington Development Framework and planning information. It also includes the Expression of Interest submission form and the scoring assessment.To be sent this information, please contact Andrew Gawley or Lynn Taylor.
We understand the property is held freehold, however will be disposed of on a long leasehold title.
We understand VAT will be chargeable upon all costs.
All prices and outgoings are exclusive of but may be liable for Stamp Duty. This will be the responsibility of the successful party.
Lynn Taylor or Andrew Gawley
T: 02890 501 556 / 028 90 501 552
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
Address: Montgomery House, 29-33 Montgomery Street, Belfast BT1 4NX
Telephone: +44-2890-501501 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.