- Ideally located in the attractive small growth town of Duleek
- Only 9.6 km south west of Drogheda and 39 km north of Dublin City centre
- Superb lands approx. 0.57 Ha (1.41 acres) in size
Duleek enjoys an attractive setting making it a most desirable and convenient place to live. It is listed as a ‘small growth town’ under the Duleek Local Area Plan and is located only 9.6 km south west of Drogheda, close to the Dublin Metropolitan Area being only approx. 39 km north of Dublin City Centre. Duleek developed around a central green with a number of listed buildings and a series of attractive winding roads. More recent development has seen the town expand to the north towards the railway line and east towards Duleek Business Park. Increased pressure for more suburban forms of residential development has brought a number of changes to the local community and character of Duleek in terms of its population, environmental quality, built form, traffic, and levels of necessary infrastructure, services and community facilities.
The surrounding area comprises of mixed residential/commercial properties with notable nearby occupiers including the Duleek Health Centre, Eurospar, Duleek Credit Union, Duleek High Cross along with a number of bars and restaurants. There are good local services and amenities in Duleek including the new Duleek Boys & Girls National School, St. Cianans Boxing Club, Duleek Veterinary Hospital and Duleek AFC. The local Duleek transport infrastructure is good with Bus Eireann no. 103X providing access from Navan to Dublin and no. 105 providing access from Drogheda to Blanchardstown. The Drogheda (MacBride) train station which is situated approximately 10.5 km north east of the subject property services’ Dublin Pearse station and Belfast Central.
The lands are strategically situated approx. 6.5 km east of the N2 and 5.5 km west of the M1 which provides access northwards to Dundalk and southwards to Dublin City and the Dublin Metropolitan Area. Due to its relatively close commuting distance to the capital the population of Duleek has risen continually in recent years, according to the 2016 Census the population of Duleek was 4,219.
The lands are located on Abbey Road just off Main Street close to the heart of the town and extend to approximately 0.57ha (1.41 acres) of cleared site to include half the width of the adjoining road. The lands are predominantly topographically flat and roughly triangular in shape. They benefit from extensive frontage onto Abbey Road. The lands in sale were previously in use for industrial purposes. The locational advantages of Duleek being close to a major employment centre and with excellent road links to Dublin has led to a growing pressure for development in and around the town.
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
The property is located within an area zoned objective A1 - Residential, ‘to protect and enhance the amenity of developed residential communities’ under the East Meath Local Area Plan 2014-2020.
Permitted Uses B & B/Guest House, Community Facility/Centre, Home Based Economic Activities, Residential/Sheltered Housing, and Water Services/Public Services.
Uses Open for Consideration Allotments, Bring Banks, Convenience Outlet, Childcare Facility, Education (Primary or Second Level), Group Housing, Healthcare Practitioner, Leisure/Recreation/Sports Facilities, Petrol Station, Public House, Retirement Home/Residential Institution/Retirement Village, and Veterinary Surgery.
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.