- Interested parties should return the response form by 12 noon on Friday 17th January 2020.
- For further information and to arrange a viewing please contact Andrew Gawley on 028 90 501 501 or email email@example.com
It has a prime location opposite the former Crumlin Road Courthouse and next to the Mater Hospital medical complex in close proximity to the Gridwood Community Hub in north Belfast.
The Crumlin Road is a main arterial route into Belfast City Centre offering excellent links to the Motorway network and public transport, making this prominent location of the site an important opportunity.
The Crumlin Road Gaol Cottages are an important aspect in the overall regeneration of the Crumlin Road Gaol.
The Department for Infrastructure is now inviting Expressions of Interest in order to attract new occupiers and investment to the Gaol site to provide long term social and economic benefits for the area.
This is a unique opportunity to undertake, and be part of, a commercial regeneration scheme that returns this important site to a viable and sustainable economic use which will contribute towards the wider regeneration and tourism ambitions of the area.
Crumlin Road Gaol is a unique site just outside Belfast City Centre and extends to approximately 13 acres.
It was designed by Sir Charles Lanyon (1813-1889) and operated as a prison between 1845 -1996 and is the only Victorian era prison remaining in Northern Ireland.
A major investment programme restored the Gaol frontage and a successful Visitor Attraction and Conference Centre, managed by a private company, was created to include Cuffs Bar & Grill and visitors gift shop.
The Gaol has a track record as a very successful international tourism venue with its Visitor Attraction and Conference Centre having welcomed over 1,000,000 visitors since it opened in November 2012. Crumlin Road Gaol has been graded and awarded a five-star visitor attraction rating, under the Tourism NI Quality Grading Scheme, indicating that the attraction is operating to an ‘outstanding’ level.
57-87 Crumlin Road, known as The Cottages, were built in 1927 and currently comprise 8 two-storey units of varying sizes and internal layouts on a self-contained site outside the Historic walls of the Gaol.
Prior to the Gaol closing the cottages were used as a social club and offices.
The exterior was restored and repaired in 2013, while the internal areas are in shell condition. Connection to services (gas, water, drainage, electricity) were installed for all the units.
The cottages are only suitable for a range of commercial uses, subject to planning and all necessary consents being obtained. All interested parties will take the units as seen and will be liable for their own fit-out.
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
We understand the measurements below to be correct.
||Ground Floor m²
||First Floor m²
||Total Area m²
|Unit 1 – No 73-87
|Unit 2 – No 71
|Unit 3 – No 69
|Unit 4 – No 67
|Unit 5 – No 63-65
|Unit 6 – No 61
|Unit 7 – No 59
|Unit 8 – No 57
The cottages are grade B listed.
OpportunityThe Department for Infrastructure is seeking expressions of interest from all parties interested in regenerating / occupying single, multiple, or the entirety of the vacant Cottage’s at Crumlin Road Gaol on a leasehold basis.
Submission of Expression of InterestInterested parties should return the response form by 12 noon on Friday 17th January 2020.
ViewingFor further information and to arrange a viewing please contact Andrew Gawley on 028 90 501 501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The particulars and any documentation are provided for guidance only and will not form part of any contract which may be entered into.
No representation or warranty is made or given in relation to the condition or suitability of any services.
Department for Infrastructure will not be liable for any inaccuracy in these particulars or in any other documents or for any costs, fees and expenses incurred in viewing the sites, in preparing and submitting expressions of interest.
None of the matters in these particulars or in any other documents or in any proposals which may be made in this expression of interest will constitute an agreement or collateral contract with Department for Infrastructure.
Address: Montgomery House, 29-33 Montgomery Street, Belfast BT1 4NX
Telephone: +44-2890-501501 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.