- Prominent gateway site to Newry City with significant arterial road frontage benefiting from transportation and retail amenities nearby
- Site area - 0.15 Ha (0.37 acres)
- Planning application submitted (Ref LA07/2018/0930/F - 21 apartments with 21 parking spaces and 24 bike racks
Fronting the Belfast Road the subject property lies c 0.5 miles to the north of the city centre in an area which is predominantly residential in character with schools and local amenities nearby such as Tesco, Plaza Retail Park, Mourne Country Hotel and Abbey Grammar School.
The property comprises a cleared, level site (c 0.37 acres), currently being used as a car washing facility (on license) but, subject to planning, provides an opportunity to be redeveloped for a range of commercial and residential uses.
Historically, the site has been approved (date 27/11/2008), now lapsed, for a 5 storey office development – P/2008/0730/F. Additionally the site is zoned as ‘whiteland'.
More recently as there is a very high need for social housing in the area, a formal application has been submitted for a 21 unit apartment scheme (Ref LA07/2018/0930/F) which is at an advanced stage in the planning process.
Discussions with a Housing Association are also at an advanced stage and upon request specific details can be revealed.The proposed scheme comprises:
• 13 no. x 3 person , 2 bedroom apartments
• 7 no. x 2 person, 1 bedroom apartment
• 1 no. x 2 person,1 bedroom apartment
• 21 no. car parking spaces with additional bicycle parking provision.
(Plans and professional reports available on request).
It is understood the property is held Long Leasehold, 999 years from 27.10.1903
VAT is applicable in this sale. All prices and outgoings are exclusive of VAT.
028 9050 1501
By appointment with the sole agent, Lisney.
Address: Montgomery House, 29-33 Montgomery Street, Belfast BT1 4NX
Telephone: +44-2890-501501 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.