- Well located residentially zoned land
- Located on the Dublin side of this thriving village
- Excellent commuter trains and buses
- Suited to an upmarket development of medium density (subject to planning permission)
- Suited to a density of approx. 8 houses to the acre (subject to planning permission)
Local facilites include: Five championship golf clubs; All weather pitches including GAA, soccer and hockey; Community centre; Newbridge House & Demesne; Ardgillan Castle; Restaurants, bars and cafés; Library; Medical centre and pharmacy; SuperValu Supermarket; Post office/Credit Union.
Description and Planning
These lands are of interest to builders and developers seeking to buy a well located parcel suited to development in the short to medium term (subject to a grant of planning permission). The lands of 3.5 Ha (8.65 acres) are well located on Hearse Road at Corballis East close to the Village and to Donabate train station, and immediately to the south of Donabate Village and zoned Objective RA Phase 2 within the Donabate Local Area Plan for residential development 2016-2022. The Local Area Plan was amended in 2016 and the lands are suited to a density of approx. 8.1 houses per acre (subject to planning). The planned future waste water pant and treatment facilities will enable development to take place and the new distributor road is under construction.
Overall the LAP lands at Corballis have the potential to provide approximately 1,850 units based on a density of 35 units per hectare and taking into account the land-take for the DDR; the lands excluded from the development areas which are outside of the DDR alignment; and those that are unsuitable for development based on the findings in the SFRA. Family homes will be the primary housing form, whilst apartments and other multi-occupancy units will be encouraged on the lands closest to the Village and at other appropriate locations. Approach to Donabate Village along Hearse Road Development along the Hearse Road on the approach to Donabate Village will need to be carefully considered to protect the existing character of this ‘gateway’ to the urban area. The LAP recognises the importance of the approach vista to Donabate Village and seeks to ensure that any new development along the southern side of Hearse Road (Corballis lands) takes Newbridge Demesne into consideration. It is an objective of this LAP to protect views along Hearse Road and to retain the mature trees which are located along the Newbridge Demesne boundary / approach road to the village.
The Phase 2 Corballis lands situated west of the railway line (Corballis West) comprising approx. 7.5 ha (18.5 acres) will be developed with access directly from Hearse Road (150 dwellings or 8.1 dwellings per acre) in Phase 2. These lands will be developed as a natural extension to the initial Phase 1 development of 300 units. Strong pedestrian and cycle links to Donabate Village and to Newbridge Demesne will be required.
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
Telephone: or you can also email us at
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.