- 5.66 Ha (14 acres) zoned “to provide for new or extended residential care facilities for the elderly.
- Well-known, attractive and convenient location.
- Superb upland views beside Glen of the Downs.
- Adjoins Junction 11 of the N11 and only 10 minutes' drive to M50.
- Close to Bray and Greystones urban areas.
Willowgrove is a well-known and most attractive location adjoining junction 11 of the N11 and within easy reach of Dublin City and the M50. The location enjoys excellent accessibility and is 14km from the M50, 5km from Greystones, 11km from Bray and 30km from Dublin City Centre. The lands are superbly situated on the south western end of the Glen of the Downs and to the west of Delgany and Greystones with excellent access to the N11 and close to the urban areas of Bray and Greystones and to the north of Kilpedder.
The lands enjoy an elevated position with scenic upland views. The area is mainly residential in character with large detached bungalows adjoining the lands and close to the well-known Grove Bar. It is rare that lands of this quality and size come to the market with a specific nursing home zoning within 10 minutes' drive of the M50. There is a pent-up demand for the construction of quality nursing home facilities in the Dublin South County and North Wicklow area and this represents an excellent opportunity to acquire a property with specific zoning for this use.
The lands are extensive and irregularly shaped. They occupy an elevated position and the zoned portions are mainly level while sloping down towards the east and north. The un-zoned lands on the eastern portion slope down to the N11. The land area registered is the gross area to include a small element of the N11 on to the north east as shown on the attached land registry map. The lands have a main double gate agricultural access on the southwestern end and also have two other access points.
The lands of 11.64 Ha (28.76 acres) have been in family ownership for many years and have recently been zoned to provide for a new residential care facility for the elderly in the Wicklow County Development Plan 2016-2022. Under this site specific zoning, Wicklow County Council state that all applications on sites of this type will be considered on their merits and there may be a range of residential and day care facilities that are possible as well as considerable potential for 1 bedroom assisted living units and independent (but supervised) living units.
The Wicklow County Development Plan 2016-2022 written statement on Community Development (Ch.8) refers to the following:
CD17: To provide for new or extended residential care facilities for the elderly at Killickabawn, Kilpedder (c.6ha as shown on Map 8.02)
CD18: To facilitate the development and improvement of new and existing residential and day care facilities throughout the County.
CD19: Residential and day care facilities shall in general be required to locate in existing towns or villages and shall be located close to shops and other community facilities required by the occupants and shall be easily accessible to visitors, staff and servicing traffic; locations outside of delineated settlement boundaries shall only be considered where:·the site is located in close proximity to a settlement and would not comprise an isolated development;· there are excellent existing or potential to provide new vehicular and pedestrian linkages to settlement services; and· the design and scale of the facility is reflective of the semi rural location.
CD20: 'Retirement villages', made up of a number of independent housing units, with limited / no on site care facilities will be required to locate on residentially zoned land in settlements (or where no local area plan exists, within the defined boundary of the settlement).
D21: Clinically managed / supervised dwelling units, such as 'step down' (i.e. post acute care) accommodation or semi-independent housing provided as part of a medical facility, nursing home or other care related facility, will be considered strictly only on the following basis:·The units are associated with an already developed and established medical facility, nursing home or other care related facility; the units are held in single ownership with the overall medical / nursing home / care facility; no provision is made for future sale or subdivision; and a strict management agreement in put into place limiting the use of such structures to those deemed in need of medical supervision or care. The number of such units on any such site shall be limited to 10% of the total number of hospital/ nursing/care home bedrooms unless a strong case, supported be evidence, can be made for additional units; Such units shall be modest in scale and limited to single bedroom units only and independent facilities such as car parking and gardens shall not be provided to each unit (in order to ensure such units are not rendered suitable for standalone use as private dwellings).
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.