- The site is superbly located at the N6 Junction 10 Ballymahon Exit, Cloghanboy/Athlone
- The site benefits significant road frontage of approximately 235m from the N6 Ballymahon slip road and approximately 270m frontage onto the Brawney Road
- The site is suitable for a commercial development (subject to planning permission)
The subject property comprises of approximately 0.98ha (2.4 acres) of prime development lands. The site is well positioned with significant road frontage of approximately 235m from the N6 Ballymahon slip road and approximately 270m frontage onto the Brawney Road. The lands represent a prime opportunity for a commercial development at a high-profile location, within close proximity to Athlone Town Centre and with excellent access to the M6 Dublin-Galway motorway.
The subject property is zoned Commercial under the Athlone Local Area Plan 2014 - 2020 which is defined as; “ To provide for Commercial development which does not need to be located in the town centre or retail warehousing zone”
The Lissywollen – South Framework Plan 2018 - 2024
The Lissywollen – South Framework Plan 2018 - 2024 provides a development strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of the Lissywollen South area in Athlone in accordance with the policies and objectives of the Athlone Town Development Plan 2014-2020. The plan presents an opportunity to develop this strategically located 78 ha land bank as a highly sustainable and integrated new urban quarter extending from the town centre of Athlone. The plan identifies the subject site as Area 1 – Commercial.
“Area 1 comprises of a 1.24 ha tract of land and occupies a high profile position adjoining the N6. Given its proximity to the Regional Sports Centre, there is potential to provide for larger urban legibility at this important intersection with the Ballymahon roundabout through the development of a commercial building, which may incorporate sport-related or support uses such as such as medical, research and physiotherapy uses. The building should be of notable design with strong elevational treatment along principal axis’s to mark its prominent location and principle entry point to the plan area.”
The plan further states under objective O-LUF2 that it is the objective of Westmeath County Council “To provide for a high quality commercial development at the western approach into the plan area befitting of the site’s high profile siting”.
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at email@example.com
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.