Price Open to Offers €1,100,000
- • Well located site 0.3 acres with 52m road frontage offering an outstanding development opportunity.
- • Situated in the suburb of Dun Laoghaire / Monkstown to the rear of Vesey Place in an area full of character and charm.
- • Includes attractive existing 3-bedroom mews house approx. 86 sq.m. (926 sq. ft.) in need of refurbishment.
- • Planning permission for 3 no. terraced dwellings granted by An Bord Pleanala in 2007 (expired). Offers potential for a higher residential density (subject to planning permission).
- • Long established builders’ yard with steel double gate entrance and a pedestrian entrance from York Road as well as a steel double gate entrance from Vesey Mews.
Dun Laoghaire is 12km south of Dublin City Centre and is an integral part of the south suburbs of the city. It offers a wide range of services, shops, restaurants, schools and churches as well as excellent water-based leisure facilities and public transport links with DART and bus services. The surrounding area is mature and affluent and comprises sought after residential houses as it extends north eastwards towards Monkstown which offers a range of shops, restaurants, and cafes.
Accommodation (Approx. sq.m.)
Mews House Approx. Gross Internal Area: 86 sq.m. (926 sq.ft.)
The property is situated in an area Zoning Objective ‘A’ ‘‘To protect and/or improve residential amenity’ under the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Development Plan 2016-2022 and the permitted and open for consideration uses briefly include the following:
Permitted in Principle
Residential, Residential Institution, Assisted Living Accommodation, Public Services
Open for Consideration
Doctor/Dentist etc., Education, Community Facility, Childcare Service, Cultural Use, Funeral Home, Guest House, Health Centre / Healthcare Facility, Embassy, Enterprise Centre, Offices less than 200 sq.m., Petrol Station, Place of Public Worship, Restaurant, Shop Neighbourhood, Veterinary Surgery.
Previous Grant of Planning Permission
Planning permission (Register Reference D07A/0557) was granted on 30.07.2008 by An Bord Pleanala (PL06D.226899 and since expired) following a third-party appeal of a DLRCC decision to grant planning permission but conditioned to 3 no. two storey 2-bedroom dwellings. As a result of changes in density policies the property may now offer potential for a higher residential or apartment density to be achieved (subject to planning permission).
Th permission granted subject to a reduction to 3 houses (house No. 3 to be omitted) and for a slight reduction in the depth of the dwellings to allow more rear garden depth. The proposed original development consisting of the demolition of existing builders stores (area 228 sq.m.) and the change of use from a builder’s yard (the application site area was 920 sq.m.) to a residential scheme comprising of 4 no. two storey 2 bedroom mews houses as set out below. For information purposes copies of the previous grant of planning permission and the drawings are available on request in a dropbox link.
House No. 1 - 2 bedrooms, area 122 sq.m. with private open space of 124 sq.m.
House No. 2 - 2 bedrooms, area 120 sq.m. with private open space of 56 sq.m.
House No. 4 - 3 bedrooms, area 131 sq.m. with private open space of 139 sq.m.
We understand that the property has good marketable title and is mainly freehold.
BER No. 109045112. G. 526.52 (kWh/m2/yr)
Viewing is highly recommended and is by prior arranged appointment only. Contact either Ross Shorten firstname.lastname@example.org 01 638 2745 or Martin O’Halloran email@example.com 01 638 2791 for further information and an appointment to view.
By special appointment with the sole letting agent, Lisney.
BER No. BER No. 109045112
Energy Performance Indicator: G. 526.52 (kWh/m2/yr) kWh/m2/yr
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.