- Previous FPP 21 houses but potential for 40 duplex units or up to 72 apartments (in a 3 storey scheme) Subject to planning permission.
- Zoned Town Centre under the Blessington LAP and the local Waste Water Treatment Plant is proposed for upgrade
- Established location beside the Main Street, adjoining the new shopping centre, beside existing development, schools and all amenities.
- Busy and well connected regional town with access to Dublin city centre and the M50 Motorway via the N81 national route.
- Enjoys close proximity to the picturesque Blessington Lakes, Russborough House and Tulfarris Golf Club.
- Auction Thursday 11th October 2018 at 3pm in the Avon Ri Hotel, Blessington, Co. Wicklow (Unless previously sold)
AUCTION THURSDAY 11TH OCTOBER 2018 AT 3PM IN THE AVON RÍ HOTEL, BLESSINGTON, CO. WICKLOW
(UNLESS PREVIOUSLY SOLD)
The thriving commuter town of Blessington, on the River Liffey, is situated on the N81 Kildare/Wicklow border approx. 21 km southwest of the M50 motorway at Dublin and approx. 12km southeast of Naas. Transport links in the area include the N81 and Dublin Bus commuter route with easy access to the M50, M7 and the Luas at City west. Adjoining town centre occupiers include Ulster Bank, SuperValu, Dunnes Stores, Paddy Power and Boyles Sports. The Main Street is very picturesque with an attractive village streetscape and older buildings to include the landmark St Mary's Church in the middle of the town which dates from 1683. The town of Blessington has a population of approximately 5,000 people (2011 census) but is set to expand rapidly with the development of new waste water services for the town which have been approved. Since 2000, Blessington's population has increased substantiallyfrom 2,509 people. The majority of housing estates were constructed on the western side of the town, off the R410, which is the road to Naas. A new inner bypass has also been opened that alleviates traffic on Main Street. Significant other developments include a playground, fire station, a central retail development, a Dunnes Stores with a public library above, a SuperValu and an ALDI supermarket.
The site is adjacent to established residential communities, extensive retail, educational and recreational facilities and is in a prime location in Blessington Town. It provides an excellent development opportunity to integrate a new home scheme into this popular residential location. The site could support a wide range of dwelling mix and types, subject to the relevant planning permission being obtained. The lands comprise a regular shaped development site with approx. 155m of road frontage. The site is located in a mixed-use area comprising of existing residential, educational, commercial and retail use. The proposed site is accessed through Newtown Square via 2 no. main access points which merge into one from the N81, Main Street through Blessington Town. In addition, the access from Newtown Square is also connected by the inner relief road which also connects to the R410 and Dublin Road. Planning permission was granted by Wicklow County Council for the erection of 21 houses on the site (subject to conditions), the parent planning permission reference is 01/4336, and it was extended to December 5th 2017. It has now expired. The permission for amendments granted under 10/2652 has been extended until January 2019 as follows: 7 no. A Type three bedroom three storey houses 1,065 sq.ft. / 99 sq.m. 10 no. B Type two bedroom two storey houses 904 sq.ft. / 84 sq.m. 4 no. Type C and C1 two storey houses 1,291 sq.ft. / 112 sq.m.
Town Planning and Densities
Under the Blessington Local Area Plan 2013-2019, the site is zoned objective TC Town Centre which allows for residential development. The site is situated within the jurisdiction of Wicklow County Council and covered by the Wicklow County Development Plan 2016 – 2022. Under the plan the site is zoned ‘Proposed Residential’ which aims to ‘protect, provide and improve new residential amenities’. The Local Area Plan stipulates that the proposed density for Town Centre zoned should be in the region of 40 units per hectare giving a development capacity of approximately 19/20 townhouses or 48 apartments (2 storey) or 72 apartmenst (3 storey) or 40 semi-detached duplex units. Further details are contained in Butler Architecture site appraisal available from the joint agents. In addition a site survey is available.
Freehold Tiltle under Folio Number WW38216F.
JP&M Doyle Terenure and Blessington. Contact Paul Doyle: Main Street, Blessington, Co. Wicklow 045 865568 or 105 Terenure Road East, Terenure, Dublin 6 01 4903201
Viewing by appointment
Address: St Stephen's Green House, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2
Telephone: +353-1-638 2700 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisney for themselves and the Vendor/Lessor whose Agents they are give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of the Agents or the Vendor/Lessor and none of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. The particulars, various plans, photographs, dimensions, references to condition and permissions for use and occupation are given in good faith and are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed and any intending Purchasers or Tenants shall satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to correctness of each of them. No omission, accidental error or misdescription shall be ground for a claim for compensation or for the rescission of the contract by either the Vendor/Lessor or the Purchaser/Tenant.
4. Neither the Vendor/Lessor nor Lisney nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to the property. 5. Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT (unless otherwise stated) and all negotiations are conducted on the basis that the Purchaser/Tenant shall be liable for any VAT arising on the transaction. PSRA No. 001848.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.