AMV Guide price €1,600,000
Auction Tuesday 2nd October 2018 at 4.00pm in our sales room at Lisney Dun Laoghaire, 106 Lower George’s Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin (unless previously sold) Knockmore is a wonderful Regency style residence dating back to 1850 enjoying 15 acres (6 hectares) of beautiful paddocks, formal and Robinsonian wild gardens and woodland only 15 miles (24km) from Dublin City Centre yet offering a sense of seclusion and spectacular uninterrupted views down to the sea. Approximately 390 sqm (4,190 sqft).
Date: 02/10/2018 16:00:00
Location: 106 Lower George’s Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
- Magnificent regency style Palladian residence.
- Set amidst 6 hectares (15 acres) of internationally renowned gardens.
- Gardens include formal and Robinsonian gardens, paddocks and woodland.
- Elegant reception hall.
- Two outstanding formal reception rooms.
- Three additional reception rooms.
- Five bedrooms.
- Master bedroom with dressing room and en suite bathroom.
- Spectacular views from the house down to the sea on one side and to the tips of the sugarloaf
- Boot room.
- Versatile garden level accommodation.
- Oil central heating.
- Rear courtyard buildings including two storey coach house, old garden cottage and stable.
- Idyllic setting less than 5 minutes’ drive from Enniskerry Village.
- Floor Area: Approximately 390 sqm (4,190 sqft).
Tuesday 2nd October 2018 at 4.00pm in our sales room at Lisney Dun Laoghaire, 106 Lower George’s Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin (unless previously sold)
Knockmore is a Palladian wonderful Regency style residence dating back to 1850 enjoying 15 acres (6 hectares) of beautiful paddocks, formal and Robinsonian wild gardens and woodland only 15 miles (24km) from Dublin City Centre yet offering a sense of seclusion and spectacular uninterrupted views down to the sea.
This is a truly majestic setting in North Wicklow in an area of unblemished natural scenic beauty tucked in the Dargle Valley only five minutes’ drive from Enniskerry Village and Powerscourt House and Gardens. Dublin City Centre is 24km (15 miles) to the north and Bray and the coastline are less than 5km (3 miles) away. There is excellent public transport to and from the city centre. The Luas station at Cherrywood is a short commute. The Dart service operates from Bray and the M50 motorway is within a ten minute drive away allowing access to Dublin International Airport in a little over 30 minutes. Within the locality there are excellent primary and secondary schools including St. Gerard’s, Presentation Bray and John Scottus School. There are numerous golf clubs within the vicinity and excellent shopping amenities close by including Avoca Handweavers, Cornelscourt, Dundrum Town Centre and Dun Laoghaire.
This important Palladian regency residence is approached from Kilbride Lane via a gentle inclining tree lined driveway enhancing its aura of seclusion and privacy and an air of elegance belonging to times past. On arrival one will be taken aback by the truly marvellous views facing east down the Dargle Valley towards the sea and the Kish and facing south to the tips of the Sugar Loaf.
Knockmore has all the fine characteristics one would expect of an early Victorian residence. It embodies all the charm and character of this classical era including granite steps, a portico with Doric columns leading to the entrance hall, ornate cornices, high ceilings, French and sash windows. The property has been beautifully maintained and offers a warmth of character and charm seldom found. Whilst requiring refurbishment and upgrading to bring it up to the highest modern standards but, this having been done, it would provide a truly
spectacular residence. On entering, a large entrance hall leads to the two formal elegant reception areas, both with wonderful, almost full length French windows giving uninterrupted views to the sea. To the left a drawing room with south facing bay window overlooking the gardens and to the right a delightful dining room. A central hallway leads to the spacious kitchen/breakfast room, store area, family room, study/bedroom and a south facing garden room. At the rear of the ground floor, there is the master bedroom suite, main bathroom and a boot room. At garden level there is a large office area with storage area leading to a boiler room and wine cellar. At first floor level there are three further bedrooms and a bathroom.
The gardens and grounds of Knockmore are of significant importance and are an outstanding feature of this remarkable property. They are internationally well-known and written about and have been lovingly nurtured and maintained over the years. The main residence stands on approximately 3 acres (1 hectare) of formal and Robinsonian wild gardens. Amongst the myriad of features to be found to include a wild flower garden, summer garden with formal lily pond, decorative kitchen garden, numerous walkways and a snowdrop tree. The lower field consists of 9 acres (3 hectares) of paddocks/fields immediately to the front of the property and along its northern boundary. The woodlands extend to approximately 3 acres (1 hectare) along the southern boundary offering total seclusion and important trees include cedar of Lebanon and numerous examples of Spanish chestnut and oak.
Knockmore is one of the finest properties to come to the market in recent years. Set in its magical grounds with fields and woodland overlooking Dublin Bay, this Palladian residence truly has everything
Joint Agent: Savills - 01 6634300
Solicitor: Matheson, 70 Sir John Rogersons Quay, Dublin 2
- September 22nd 2018 2:00pm to 3:00pm
- Entrance Hall: (5.48m x 3.05m)
- with parquet flooring, coving and centre rose.
- Drawing Room: (5.45m x 8.65m)
- [measurement into bay window] with very fine Georgian marble mantelpiece, reeded brass grate and slate surround, fine ceiling cornice, magnificent south facing views over the garden and views to the front over Dublin Bay. Door to Garden Room.
- Dining Room: (5.43m x 7.25m)
- with magnificent carved marble mantelpiece, cast iron grate and three picture windows overlooking entrance driveway and grounds, fine ceiling cornice.
- Inner Hallway: (13.85m x 1.25m)
- with door to
- Kitchen / Breakfast Room: (5.65m x 4.90m)
- with traditional fitted kitchen with range of cupboards, worktops, sink unit and built-in Stanley oven.
- Store Room: (2.40m x 2.40m)
- Family Room: (5.45m x 4.25m)
- with marble fireplace with ornate marble surround and window overlooking courtyard to rear.
- Study / Bedroom 6: (4.30m x 3.25m)
- with built-in store cupboard.
- Garden Room: (6.70m x 3.10m)
- with double doors leading to gardens and door to Drawing Room.
- Rear Hallway: (6.75m x 1.65m)
- with recessed lighting, door to hotpress / airing cupboard and staircase leading to upper floor and lower level.
- Boot Room: (3.30m x 3.30m)
- with plumbing for washing machine / dryer, cloakroom area and door to
- Guest W.C.:
- with w.c., w.h.b. and door to the rear garden.
- Bathroom: (2.40m x 1.65m)
- with w.c., w.h.b., bath and window overlooking courtyard to rear.
- Master Bedroom: (5.20m x 4.60m)
- with opening to
- Dressing Area: (2.30m x 5.50m)
- with dressing area, cupboards and door to
- with w.c., w.h.b., bath and heated towel rail.
- GARDEN LEVEL
- Hall Area: (10.25m x 2.45m)
- incorporating door to boiler house with large storage area and door to wine cellar.
- Bedroom 2 / Office: (5.45m x 4.90m)
- FIRST FLOOR
- Landing Area: (3.65m x 3.30m)
- Bedroom 3: (3.40m x 3.65m)
- Bedroom 4: (4.20m x 5.45m)
- with fireplace, velux roof light and window to side and rear.
- Bedroom 5: (4.00m x 2.70m)
- Bathroom: (2.20m x 2.20m)
- with w.c., w.h.b. and bath.
The property stands at 6 hectares (15 acres) of magnificent and internationally renowned gardens. The gardens incorporate formal gardens, wild gardens, forest area and paddocks. To the rear of the property there is a courtyard incorporating several outbuildings including lean to garage, two storey coach house with loft over, log store, lean to stable, old gardener’s cottage and store room. Coach-house with loft over: 5.3m x 5.1m Gardeners Cottage: 5.8m x 5.4m Log Store/Lean to Stable: 16m x 5.4m Garage: 5.85m x 2.75m
Address: 11 Main Street, Dundrum, Dublin 14
Telephone: 01 296 3662 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org