Two adjoining mews sites to the rear of 4 & 5 Clifton Lane off Clifton Avenue in the heart of Monkstown village offering a unique development opportunity with road frontage of approx. 24.7m (81ft) and overall site area of 0.03 Ha (0.07 acre).
- Highly regarded prestigious residential address
- Iconic historic building
- Unique development opportunity subject to planning permission
- Private mews lane in the heart of Monkstown village
- Close to shops, cafes, restaurants and bars
- Surrounded by excellent schools and the bus and DART
- Within a short stroll of Seapoint Bathing and Dun Laoghaire Harbour
- Road frontage of approximately 24.7m (81ft)
- Overall site area of approximately 0.03 Ha (0.07acre)
- Internal floor area of approximately 414sq.m (4,455sq.ft)
- Zoned Objective A – “to protect and/or improve residential amenity”
- CAT 5 cabling
UNIQUE DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
4 & 5 Clifton Lane, Monkstown, Co. Dublin steeped in childhood memories and nostalgia is coming to the market after many years being run as the iconic Lambert Puppet Theatre, a place where generations of kids formed lifelong memories whilst being wonderfully entertained by the Lambert family.
Currently in commercial usage, Clifton Lane is primarily deemed as a residential lane in the heart of the highly sought after coastal Monkstown Village. Although Planning Permission will be required, 4 & 5 Clifton Lane offers vast potential to redevelop the wide generous sites into a tasteful scheme of mews houses.
The road frontage extends to approximately 24.7m (81ft)m and the overall site extends to approximately 0.03Ha (0.07 acre). The internal floor area extends to approximately 414sq.m (4,455sq.ft)
According to the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Development Plan 2016 – 2022 the property is zoned Objective A which is “to protect and/or improve residential amenity”.
Clifton Lane is ideally and most conveniently located just off Clifton Avenue to the rear of Clifton Terrace in the heart of Monkstown Village. Monkstown Village is renowned for some of South County Dublin’s finest restaurants, boutique shopping and pubs. Transport is easily accessible with numerous bus routes including the No. 7 which runs along the Monkstown Road and the DART station at Salthill/Monkstown only a short stroll away allowing easy access to the city centre and surrounding areas. Within close proximity are a wide range of recreational activities including tennis, rugby and golf clubs and the marina at Dun Laoghaire with their four yacht clubs and many interesting walks along the seafront. Both Blackrock and Dun Laoghaire are only a short distance away with their more extensive shopping facilities, restaurants, libraries and churches. There are several excellent schools close by including Scoil Lorcain, Hollypark, Carysfort National School, CBC Monkstown, Blackrock College and Newpark Comprehensive.
- Front (3.3m x 6.6m)
- Double folding entrance doors open in, is cobble locked and has an arched entrance to the old theatre lobby with a glazed pedestrian door leading to the side and the remainder planted with ferns and shrubbery
- Reception Lobby (9.4m x 3.7m + 3.9m x 6.7m)
- with double folding arched doors opening in, is L-shaped with cashier vending area, programme sales and double folding doors open to a stairwell that leads to
- First Floor Loft Area (3.9m x 6.8m + 3.6m x 11.7m)
- with vaulted ceiling, recessed lighting, porthole windows, Velux skylights, CCTV, bar area with skylight over, hatch to roof access, window overlooking the entrance courtyard and double folding multi-paned French doors opening out to a balcony area with a further keyhole door opening out to the balcony area also
- Next Section (6.4m x 5.2m)
- with vaulted ceiling, Velux skylights, solid concrete floor and door to
- Upstairs Landing Hall (1.3m x 6.5m)
- with fire escape out to a rear balcony, door with porthole window opening into a
- Kitchen Area (2.4m x 4.9m)
- with cooking area with four ring electric hob, deep fat fryer, oven, pizza oven, industrial extractor, two large double bowl sink units, plumbed for washing machine and door to
- Workshop 1 (3.9m x 5.2m)
- with vaulted ceiling, built in storage cupboards with medicine drawers under, dual gas fired central heating boiler, digital heating controls for the foyer and for the museum, emergency exit door out to the rear balcony and door to
- Workshop 2 (3.9m x 53m)
- with fitted shelving, vaulted ceiling, storage cupboard and door that links through to No. 6
- Theatre Area
- with twin double folding doors opening in
- Entrance Area to the Theatre
- Theatre (11.2m x 13m + 10.4m x 4.3m)
- the first section spans the rear of No. 4 from the foyer in, it's a large open space with double folding large emergency exit doors opening out to the lane, a pedestrian door opens out to the lane too, oratory which is accessed from Workshop 2, double folding doors opening to
- Lobby Area
- with male & female toilets along with a disabled toiler and double folding doors leading out to the rear (fire escape)
- Backstage Area
- with a store with the electrics, alarm, fuse board and part glazed door leading out to the rear and door to backstage area which is a rectangular area that has a pedestrian door leading out to the lane, pulley system for curtains, lighting, props, a steel ladder that leads up to an upper area and roof access
To the front is a cobble-locked entrance opening to the reception foyer with a pedestrian access leading to the first floor. The rear yard measures 2.4m x 12m and has a steel fire escape stairwell.
BER No. 800658536
Energy Performance Indicator: 661.27 kWh/m²/yr
Address: 51 Mount Merrion Avenue, Black Rock, Co. Dublin, A96W6K7
Telephone: 01 280 6820 or you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org