Lisney Belfast is seeking a highly motivated, experienced candidate for their valuation team. Lisney are active Valuers in virtually every sector of the NI commercial property market and prepare valuations for all purposes A senior role with career development potential, we envisage this role to suit and experienced driven individual who would relish the challenge and would enjoy working in a small enthusiastic dedicated team. While the focus is mainly on valuation, the candidate must also be prepared to undertake as and when necessary, other professional instructions including rent reviews, lease renewals, rating consultancy and expert witness roles.
If you believe you are the right person for this position and would like to apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a hard copy by post to Montgomery House, 29-33 Montgomery Street, Belfast BT1 4NX.
- To work primarily on significant valuation instructions, from day one, with minimal supervision and ideally only compliance direction.
- Maintaining and proactively building client relations to expand existing and new business.
- Regularly and effectively interacting with stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
- Undertaking when necessary rent reviews, lease renewals, rating consultancy and acting as expert witness at Arbitration / Court.
- Undertaking analysis of market transactions for archive and research purposes.
- Carrying out inspections, valuations and negotiations for valuations and landlord and tenant.
- Undertaking and preparing Red Book valuations and portfolio valuations for secured lending / financial reporting purposes.
- Ensuring work is completed to the highest professional standard in the context of the applicable external and internal requirements.
- Maintaining and build client relations to expand on existing and new business and relationships.
- Liaise with Directors and members of your team to reach assigned targets
The ideal canditate
- 5 to 10 years or more post qualification (MRICS) experience, ideally in commercial valuation RICS Registered Valuer, RICS member.
- Full, clean drivers licence.
- Fast typing speed, ability to create reports, legal documents, letters of correspondence with ease and great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Significant experience in valuation methodologies for all types of properties and RICS “Red Book” report compliance and delivery.
- Understanding of or experience with Argus valuation software or willingness to learn.
- To understand and be able to prepare development appraisals, again experience in Argus would be helpful.
- Ability to manage a challenging workload and to develop new business.
- Strong analytical skills particularly in devaluation of market transactions for evidence archive and research purposes.
- Have excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in both written and oral English.
- Professional credibility and integrity is probably the most important quality required.